Facts and Figures (Source: Wikepedia):
- Estimated to cost $1,150,000
- The Huayra uses a twin-turbo Mercedes-AMG 60° V-12 engine. ( Same as the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series but modified to reduce turbo lag and improve response).
- The titanium exhaust system was designed and built by MHG-Fahrzeugtechnik
- The Huayra’s 6.0-litre engine, the M158, produces 690 horsepower and 1,000 N·m (740 lb·ft) of torque.
- Its top speed is in excess of 230 mph (370 km/h) and it has a 0–60 miles per hour (0–97 km/h) time of 3.5 seconds.
- Using Pirelli tires, the Pagani Huayra is capable of withstanding 1.5g of lateral acceleration at speeds of up to 230 mph (370 km/h).
- Unlike many modern sports cars, the Pagani Huayra does not use a dual-clutch gearbox; instead it uses a seven-speed sequential gearbox and a dual-disc clutch.
- The choice not to use a dual-clutch in oil bath was because it would lead to an increase in weight of over 70 kg (154 lb), negating the advantage of the ability of such transmissions to change gears faster. As a result, the entire transmission of the Pagani Huayra weighs 96 kg (210 lb).” (Wikipedia)
Check out the following amazing video: