Do you have what it takes to attend the KFAS innovation Challenge for 2014 ?
Over a series of three modules hosted in Kuwait, on-campus at UC Berkeley, and site visits within Silicon Valley, distinguished Haas faculty will lead sessions that empower teams with the strategies and tools to lead an innovative organization. The program is co-designed and led by renowned Berkeley professor Jerome Engel, innovation expert and National Faculty Director of the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) Innovation Corps.
Teams will gain unparalleled training in core innovation concepts, with an emphasis on the Lean Launchpad methodology. With coaching and peer feedback, teams will design a five-month innovation plan relevant to their company’s business challenges. Upon completion, teams will return to work with a certificate from a world-renowned institution and a personalized business initiative they can apply immediately to their companies.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Nationality: Kuwaiti
- Age: 28 to 40 years
- Education: University level degree
- Experience: 5 years minimum work experience required
- English proficiency: The candidate should be very proficient in English
- Ability to travel to U.S: valid passport and U.S visa for at least one year from the date of submitting application
- Applicants that do not hold valid U.S. visa for at least 1 year will be considered but should apply and secure their visa in case they are chosen to participate in the third stage of the program
I reviewed some important points in the FAQs which i’ll add here :
Q. I was unable to form a team, can I still apply and be considered as individual participant?
A. No, this program is designed only for teams of 4 members representing already established companies.
Individual applications will not be accepted.
Q. What happens once the team successfully submit their application?
A. Once the application successfully submitted, an e‐ mail will be sent to all team members to acknowledge successful application submission.
Q. If the team was selected does it automatically make the team eligible for all stages of the program? A.Teams selected for the first stage does not automatically mean that they will be
selected to participate in the last stage of the program.
The eligibility to the last stage depends on the team progress during the second stage.
When Should You Apply:
Applications submission will be available from June 22, 2014 until July 24 2014.
- Application process opens: June 22, 2014
- Last day to submit application: July 24, 2014
- Announcement of selected teams: August 14, 2014
- 1st stage training program(InnovationOrganization): September 7‐11, 2014
- 2nd stage innovative initiative (Crafting Innovation Roadmap): Sept. 2014 ‐ Feb. 2015
- 3rd stage training program (Innovation in Silicon Valley): March 2015
For More information and registration Kinldy visit the KFAS innovation challenge website at : http://www.kfas.org/innovationchallenge/