Wouldn’t be a weekend post without the ultimate recipe for one of the best hamburgers you can prepare at home!!
Just a note.. Make sure you listen to the weather forcast beforehand hehe.. you don’t want a sand-flavoured hamburger hehe..
What you will need :
- BBQ Grill – Small one would be fine, with a tray preferable.
- Something to flip the burgers with
- BBQ Coal – Get a good type, some of the cheap ones will take forever to light and burn out fast.
- BBQ Igniters, (Flamingo brand is good) small white cubes that will keep a flame going long enough to start the coal burning.
- Hamburgers : I go for Americana Jumbo burgers you’ll find them at your local co-op – Best Tasting on a BBQ!
- Chedder Sliced cheese (or any other sliced cheese of your preference)
- Ketchup – I go with Heinz
8. Toast buns for burgers
10. HP BBQ sauce – secret ingredient 1
11. Garlic Sauce (only for garlic lovers) for that sharp taste
If you like to get more in there – you can have fresh cut onions and tomatoes, as well as a lettuce leaf/burger.
Now for the process :
- Make sure all your BBQ apparatus is clean.
- You have to take the burgers out of the freezer and remove the plastic casing leave them out so the ice melts and start the next step.
- Add the coal to the BBQ in a pyramid shape. Placing the igniting cubes in strategic locations beneath the coal (places you can reach)
- Ignite the cubes.
- Wait till all the coal is flaming red and the fire cools down.
- Distribute the coal evenly around the grilling area
- Place the grille about the now ready coal.
- Get the burgers onto the grille.
- For the first 5 mins keep flipping the burgers ensuring most of the remaining ice melts off (if any)
- Then flip the burgers in intervals of about 1.5 – 2 mins. until desired level of grilling has been reached – I usually go until its well done all over.
- If you would like extra garlic taste in there put a spread of 2-3 teaspoons of garlic on one side and flip the burger twice before removing from grille. (Secret recipe)
- In the mean time have a fellow chef prepare the buns.
- Cut in half
- Put sliced cheese on bottom bun
For the secret mix :
Mix Ketchup + Heinz BBQ Sauce + Mayonnaise in a mixing platter (if you want garlic add 2 teaspoons).
After burger is ready
- Place Burger on cheese
- Place mix on burger and if you want add a second slice of cheese on top (when burger is hot so it melts on it!).
- Make sure you don’t forget the poor guy doing the BBQing and always compliment the chef hehe.. 😛